The Rail Adapter Kit (RAK) will work with most rail types such as Ops-Core ARC rails or M-LOK type rails. They allow the user to seamlessly integrate hearing protection headsets or communications systems like the 3M Peltor Comtac's or Howard Leight Impact earmuffs directly onto helmet rails. This eliminates the need for an uncomfortable strap underneath the helmet that eventually creates hotspots and headaches.
Our goal when designing the RAK was to create a headset adapter that minimized the overall profile of the entire tactical helmet headset system. This required the use of lightweight aluminum and glass filled nylon parts to get the strength, durability, and rotation we needed from the adapters. The end result is a ballistic helmet adapter that is 80% slimmer than the next competitor.
- 3M Peltor Headsets
- Majority of Howard Leight Earmuffs
- MSA Sordin models (Requires Sordin Adapters sold by Unity Tactical)
- Most other headsets that utilize a metal wire connection to the headset.
What Comes with the RAK:
- Pair (2 units) of Adapter Mounts
- Pair (2 units) of ARC/Dovetail type rail adapters
- Pair (2 units) Metal Wire Mounts
Installation & Use Tips
- Wires can be bent to work for various headsets and to achieve different pressure against the side of the head.
- The entire system rotates, so headsets can be rotated out of the way when not in use.
- They come assembled and ready to use for M-LOK type rails. If using ARC/Dovetail type rails, you will need a Hex key to switch out the back plate with the included adapter.