- What's your name and job? - Jonas ****** Military Working Dog Handler.
- What does a day in your life look like? (Walk us through your normal day - My normal day starts at 0300 wake up. Get ready then head into work to feed dogs by 0400, once dogs are fed and every thing is cleaned it’s time to grab your dog and hit the road. Depending on the day will dictate what you are doing. But no matter what the only constant in this job is training.
- What makes you get up in the morning? What do you love about your profession?- The reason I am so passionate about this job is because the amount of time spent training with your partner in crime is what will be the difference between coming home safe or not at all. The trust and faith that I have for my dog is only amplified the more we train past our previous limitations.
- What lead you to become a soldier, officer, etc?- From a young age (around 6) I’ve always wanted to be in the military. My grandfather served, my father served, and now it’s just my turn.
- What are the most challenging aspects of your profession? The most challenging aspects of my job is finding enough time in the day to do everything you planned on for training.
- What do you love to do in your free time?-To be honest, you don’t get much free time, most of the handlers come into work 6 days a week just to hangout or let the dogs stretch their legs.
- What are your thoughts on the HHV ATE Helmet? - I’ve been in the military for 6 years now and this is the first time I will actually wear my helmet during field ops. The padding system is the most comfortable I’ve ever had and the helmet fits beautifully.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.